Monday, August 26, 2013

Why I... think Ben Affleck will be a good Batman... in a bad Superman movie [WITH AUDIO]

My title is too long, but there's also a review of 2010's Leap Year movie in my audio blog. Why? Because it came across my TV and wanted to discuss the first movie I've seen that uses Flogging Molly in its soundtrack.

Anyway, with all the massive discussion in the past few days about Ben Affleck being Batman, I thought I'd give my thoughts on the decision. For those who can't listen, here's a brief summary I think that Ben Affleck will be a good Batman if you like the style of Frank Miller's 1980s Batman, which I do....

BUT that most likely means the film will be reminiscent of The Dark Knight Returns, which means that we'll probably be getting a Frank Miller style Superman. I'm not as big a fan about that.

As a whole, if they can complete Superman's arc into becoming a true "Superman" and Affleck isn't given excessive brooding time and one-liners, this will be a good setup for the Justice League movie. And honestly, that's all that matters to me.

For my full thoughts, and a bonus movie review, listen below.



Follow me at twitter.com/seantherebel and like my page at www.facebook.com/SeanNetworkBlogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment