Monday, August 26, 2013

Comic Book Reviews: Superman Unchained #3 and Batman '66 #2

Later today, there is a vlog coming about Ben Affleck as Batman, but until then, here are my thoughts on the two books I got last week.

I would note that Justice League Dark is not getting a review besides the fact that the little bit I read was stagnant and boring, and I really have lost all desire to see how this crossover pans out. I truly hope "Forever Evil" holds my attention a little bit more.



Briefly, I'll give my thoughts if you don't have time to get an in-depth look at the story. Superman Unchained remains a strong title and is getting stronger as the plot seems to start coming together. The villain isn't necessarily evil and that does make him a little more compelling. If you want a look at a story that appears to parallel elements of Action Comics #775, this is a great book for you.

Batman '66 is now my favorite title. The style of art is brighter than most DC books and it's Batman and Robin being really heroic. Plots that the show didn't get to do are being addressed here, and the tone is very much like the show. I highly recommend adding this book to your pull list.

Follow me at twitter.com/seantherebel and like my page at www.facebook.com/SeanNetworkBlogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment