Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Prelude to a Batman-a-thon

If it wasn't apparent to the readers of this blog that I am a fan of The Batman, how's this one work for you? I LIKE BATMAN!!!

The Caped Crusader returns to the big screen next Friday with "The Dark Knight Rises," and I am genuinely pumped to be able to go to the midnight showing, even if it is in a theater in San Diego during my cousin's wedding week.

But while this will end the "Dark Knight Trilogy" that Christopher Nolan has put out, this is actually the eighth Batman film to make it to theaters (ninth if you count the Animated Series' "Mask of the Phantasm").

I won't be discussing the animated film, as I feel like it should fall in with the series and SubZero, but over the next few days, I will discuss every Batman live-action, non-serial film ever made.

I will begin tomorrow with Batman from 1966 - AKA the Adam West film. It's very Silver Age and very campy, if you need a reminder. You'll see.

Friday will be the 1989 Batman film with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. Saturday and Sunday will bring Batman Returns and Batman Forever, respectively.

Monday, being the awful day that it is, will get Batman and Robin. (Ugh.) Tuesday and Wednesday will be Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Finally, Thursday will be my thoughts on which films did what best. Best Bruce Wayne. Best Batman. Best Villain. You get the picture.

I would note that my criteria will be less about who stays true to the dark, brooding Batman of the modern age, but who stays true to the Batman of their era or Batman in general, so if Adam West gets a better review than you would give it, there is a logic ot it and hopefully it will be understood by the end of it.

I know this will be a controversial style, and some conclusions will be mind-blowing, but I am a fan of ALL Batmen, so I hope you enjoy the ride. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment