Thursday, December 25, 2014

Doctor Who Series 8 thoughts

So Merry Christmas, everyone! (If you don't celebrate it, it's a well-wish. Please take the compliment and not assume the worst in people during this great time of year.)

In honor of the Doctor Who 2014 Christmas Special/First episode of Series 9 when it releases on Netflix, Here are my thoughts on the Revived Series' eighth season.



For the record (in case you don't have time to watch immediately or don't want spoilers for your binge-watch), I thought Peter Capaldi was an excellent Doctor and early on appears to be my favorite for the Revived Series. It's early, but he's definitely starting well.

Clara has grown on me slightly (mostly due to growth from actress Jenna Coleman), but her status in the show as 'Impossible Girl' is still frustrating to me and so I'm still very lukewarm at best to her.

Her possible departure from the show would have rated highly as a companion departure had it been a true departure. But it's already known she's in the Christmas special and is rumored for Series 9, so I can't count it.

I really liked Danny Pink, though I don't count him as a companion, Courtney counts as a companion, and she was decent. Hopefully she shows up more in Series 9.

My episode rankings are as follows:

1. Robot of Sherwood
2. Flatline
3. Caretaker
4. Into the Dalek
5. In the Forest of the Night
6. Dark Water/Death in Heaven (two-part story)
7. Kill the Moon
8. Listen
9. Mummy on the Orient Express
10. Time Heist
11. Deep Breath

No comments:

Post a Comment